During the course
Our success in job placement among graduates shows how much professional opportunities are found in a multiplicity of artistic fields. The isdaT prepares its students for this versatility in terms of status, professions and artistic experiences.
In art, design, graphic design
Internships are part of the isdaT curriculum. The institute promotes internships abroad or in professional organisations. They allow students to compare what they’ve learned with the reality of the artistic world at festivals, art centres, galleries, artists’ studios, graphic designer studios, publishers, architectural firms, companies etc. These internships take place on a compulsory basis in the first and second cycle. It is also possible to do additional internships outside the dedicated periods.
The isdaT allows its students to benefit from a so-called “gap” period. This period allows the student to temporarily and voluntarily suspend their studies in order to acquire personal or professional experience, either independently or supervised in a host organisation in France or abroad.
The gap can take 4 forms:
- training in a different field from the training originally enrolled in,
- experience in a professional environment,
- a civic service commitment,
- a project to create an activity as a student entrepreneur.
The gap period lasts for one year and always coincides with the start of the school year. It concerns students regularly registered at isdaT, during their studies. It’s available in the second cycle, at the end of year 3 or between years 4 and 5, subject to obtaining 60 annual credits.
Regional centre for the promotion and support of student entrepreneurship, supported by the Université de Toulouse.
Objective: to support all students with an entrepreneurial project, irrespective of their home institution, their training or the industry of their project. The entrepreneurship coordinators in the institution act as points of contact with industry.
- Entrepreneurship awareness activities: exhibitions, dedicated events, talks at educational institutions.
- Partnerships with major participants in the regional entrepreneurial ecosystem: Occitanie Region, Toulouse Métropole, Ad’Occ, France Entreprendre network, Créalia, La Mêlée, loT Valley, MOUVES, Incubateur du Barreau de Toulouse, In Extenso, etc.
- Co-construction of a radio show dedicated to startups (ça marchera jamais ! on Radio Campus).
- Regional selection of the PEPITE award: an award that promotes innovative business creation by students and young graduates and rewards the best projects.
2 levels of support
- Discovery level : Student Entrepreneur Status (SNEE).
Objective: to introduce interested students to the world of entrepreneurship, including those who may not have a project yet.
- Emergence level : University Student Entrepreneur Diploma (D2E).
Objective: to acquire the knowledge / skills required to form the basis of an entrepreneurial project.
Discovery level is accessible to all students of the isdaT in the art, design or graphic design option from year 3. Selection on the basis of an application + opinion of the Director of Studies of the coordinating school. Emergence level is accessible to graduates of the isdaT.
Format = collective support
1 workshop / month: progress from an idea to the project, establishing the roadmap for your project, get to know the regional ecosystem…
Free access to a coworking space.
Internship substitution: the possibility of replacing your end-of-study internship with a working period on the project (by agreement from the Director of Studies and subject to 50% minimum attendance at workshops).
Extension of student advantages for graduates.
Privileged access to Student Entrepreneur contests, such as Prix Pépite 2023.
Pépite Hours : These online meetings take place on Wednesdays from 6 pm to 7 pm, between May and September, and they allow beneficiaries of the program to share their experience as student entrepreneurs.
- From April to September: submission of applications on the national platform and meeting with the entrepreneurship coordinator of the home institution.
- Mid-October: the engagement committee is held The SNEE is allocated until the following September.
- From November to June: support programme.
- January: second application period for the SNEE.
Preparation for professional life program
In partnership with the BBB center d’art, the Preparation for Professional Life program offers isdaT art, design and graphic design students (years 3 and 5) the opportunity to understand the socio-professional context of their activity before embarking on it. It aims to give students the keys to projecting themselves more serenely into a professional activity, by tackling the following aspects:
– Acquiring basic administrative and communication skills
– Exchange with practicing professionals for advice and testimonials
– Finding the resources you need to develop your business.