Accreditation of prior experiential learning (APEL) for the Diplôme d’État de professeur de danse (2-year university degree in dance).
Between 2018 and 2020, the Ministry of Culture offered access to the Diplôme d’État de professeur de danse (2-year university degree in dance) through the APEL.
This was offered by three participating institutions:
Conditions of registration
The Diplôme d’État de professeur de danse (2-year university degree in dance) can be issued through the APEL, regardless of age or nationality, for candidates with proof of the following skills:
- Experience in dance teaching activities, whether paid, self-employed, or voluntary, continuous or not, directly related to the activities and skills defined by the certification reference system and in the diploma programme indicated in the APEL application file, in compliance with the application of article L362-1 of the education code.
- The total duration of cumulative activity required is at least 600 hours spread over a period of at least one year.
The three requested institutions will successively organise a APEL session:
- In 2018-2019: ESMD, Lille.
- In 2019-2020: isdaT, Toulouse.
- In 2020-2021: PESMD, Bordeaux.
Steps of the procedure
Registration (packet 1)
The candidate must first of all submit packet 1, the purpose of which is for administrative admissibility. The candidate is to indicate prior experience and provide proof of professional activities carried out in connection with the requested diploma.
They will receive a notification of admissibility or non-admissibility within two months of the date of receipt by the respective institution.
Submission of skills booklet (packet 2)
If the application is considered admissible, the candidate must confirm their registration and then submit booklet 2, which is a skills booklet. The candidate will present their activities and skills acquired at the end of their experiences, with regard to the certification reference system.
During this 2nd step, the candidate can, if desired, request support.
Meeting before the validation jury
Once packet 2 has been sent to the validation centre, the candidate is invited to a 45-minute interview in front of the validation jury. The jury will check the candidate’s knowledge as well as their ability to evaluate their own work and design a critical approach with regards to teaching experience, knowledge of a professional environment, choreographic and musical culture and artistic culture on the whole.
At the end of the interview, the jury can:
- Award the diploma: full validation.
- Refuse to award the diploma.
- Decide on partial validation of the diploma: the candidate may at any time and without time limit validate any missing skills. In the event of partial validation of the diploma, the jury may request a professional situation relating directly to the educational activity.