Accreditation of prior experiential learning (APEL) for the Diplôme d’État de professeur de music (bachelor degree in music).
The APEL, according to the Law of January 17, 2002, may grant any person engaged in active life the right to validate their amassed experience, in particular professional, with a view to the acquisition of a diploma, a title for professional purposes or a qualification certification (…) as stipulated in the directory of professional certifications. This is one of the means of access to the Diplôme d’État de professeur de musique (equivalent to a Bachelor in music education) offered by isdaT, in all disciplines, fields and options for which isdaT is authorised (see: appendix 2 of the order of May 5, 2011 apended by the order of July 29, 2016).
Note: the disciplines of musical culture, writing and contemporary musical composition are not offered by this establishment.
Admission requirements for this procedure:
- No age limit
- No nationality conditions
- Provide proof of skills acquired in the exercise of salaried, non-salaried, voluntary or voluntary activities on a continuous or non-continuous basis, directly related to the activities and skills defined by the framework; of a cumulative duration of at least one year of teaching in the discipline, field and option concerned, corresponding to teaching totalling 20 hours per week over 30 weeks. (see: article 16 of the order of May 5, 2011 amended by the order of January 22, 2018). I.e. proof of having at least 600 hours of teaching experience in the applicable discipline, field and option.
Dates and Deadlines
The isdaT is organising the next APEL session for obtaining a DE in music education between October 8, 2021 and December 10, 2022.
- Information meeting on the APEL session on October 7, 2021, at 11 a.m. Attendees must sign up by contacting Naïg Ménesguen before October 4, 2021 (attendance via videoconference possible).
- Online publication of Booklet 1 on isdat.fr on October 8, 2021
- The admissions package (with supporting documents + payment via bank transfer) must be submitted between October 8, 2021 and November 5, 2021. You will be notified of the result of your submission’s admissibility by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt within 2 months after submission.
- Deadline for receipt of payment for APEL fees (payment or offset by a third party) is March 3, 2022. Any requests for a reduced rate must be sent to Mrs. Naïg Ménesguen before February 18, 2022, upon presentation of the required supporting documents.
- Period for completing package 2 and methodological support depending on what was selected by the candidates. Support offered from March 21, 2022 to December 9, 2022 at the latest. Mandatory collective methodological workshop at the start of support period on Monday, March 21, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at isdaT.
- Submission of package 2 (must include 4 copies + 1 digital copy) on or before September 12, 2022 at 12 noon. It must be delivered in person or sent before midnight (postmarked as proof).
- Interview with the jury between November 3, 2022 and December 10, 2022. Candidates will be notified of the assessment of the APEL jury by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, within 2 months following the interview.