IsdaT training, both versatile and specific, promotes autonomy, mobility and proximity to professional circles. Designed as a laboratory for research and experimentation, as well as for performance and excellence, open to contemporary artistic realities, isdaT aims to stimulate the emergence of unique talents, to introduce creative personalities which can lead to different career paths across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
In art, design, graphic design
After obtaining a DNA degree in art, design, graphic design
Students who have obtained the Diplôme National d’Art (equivalent to a Bachelor of Arts) can pursue studies or work in all fields and professions of artistic creation, design and graphic design. Their proven artistic skills bring a personal creative dimension to all collaborations.
After a DNSEP in art
The five years of studies leading to the DNSEP in art allow graduates access to a wide range of professions:
- artist, illustrator, photographer, videographer, multimedia creator; or performing arts professions (scenography, light creation, sound, etc.) ;
- production and technical professions (exhibition, sound or light production, video technician, etc.) ;
- curator, art critic, artistic director, publisher;
- art school teacher or other related functions (teaching assistant, direction of studies, general direction of art school), artist working in schools or hospitals, teacher of visual arts in middle school or college;
- restoration and preventive conservation of works, author of multimedia software.
After a Master’s Degree in Design (DNSEP design)
The five years leading to the Master’s Degree in Design (DNSEP design) prepare students for further study in a school of architecture, a postgraduate course and/or a wide range of professions:
- designer, product designer or interior designer;
- sound designer, composer, audio and lighting programmer;
- landscaper, interior architect, technical draughtsman, project manager in a design company or architecture firm;
- prototype designer, model maker, design researcher, artist.
After a Master’s Degree in Graphic Design (DNSEP design graphique)
Graduates from the Master’s Degree in Graphic Design (DNSEP design graphique) can pursue a career in various professions:
- graphic designer or employee in a communication, design and web design company, in an architecture firm or in graphic and media design agencies (screen-based or print media);
- artistic or cultural director;
- employees capable of bringing a personal creative dimension to the communication, research and development departments of companies or local authorities;
- teachers in high school and higher education art schools.
They are also prepared to pursue further study, such as international post-graduate or doctoral studies.
A study carried out in collaboration with the Office de la Vie Étudiante on the professional future of the isdaT students demonstrated a high graduate employability rate, ranging between 80% and 85% thirty months after obtaining their Master’s degree.
In music and dance
A graduate employability survey is regularly carried out with our students. According to the results obtained, dance and music graduates who hold a degree are quickly able to find long-term positions corresponding to their field of education.
The nature of their contracts (many public service contracts for music and private sector contracts for dance) reflects the demands of the professional sector.
The different employment opportunities available can be broken down as follows:
After a Master’s Degree in Music (DNSP de musicien)
- regular employment, such as a position in a professional ensemble (symphony orchestra, chamber orchestra, or other form of ensemble);
- occasional employment, which is quite common in the professional musical environment. Musicians can be hired by a structure whose distribution is not the main activity, or as part of a distribution project with a limited duration ( ex: festival, creation of a work through a short-term program, etc.) ;
- production or coordination in various music distribution structures, record companies, concerts, festivals, etc. ;
Specialised teaching job (for those who obtain the double degree DE-DNSPM);
- cultural mediation.
After a Master’s Degree in Music Education/Dance Education (DE de professeur de musique ou de danse)
- specialised assistant for artistic education in the public sector;
- professor or facilitator of the associative sector;
- musician teaching in a school environment (in the case of a double DE / DUMI diploma);
- cultural mediation ;
- regular or occasional employment as a musician, performer or dancer.
The isdaT is clearly identified by the associative schools and conservatories of the Occitanie region as a resource centre in response to their recruitment needs for music and dance teachers. The isdaT acts as a link between young graduates and local employers, whether it is in relation to filling permanent positions, one-off replacements or training actors already in place but not yet graduated through further vocational training and VAE.