After PEINTURE2020MALEREI—which focused on the cultural influences exerted on the evolution of painting in a globalised era – the new research project, Genre2030, initiated in 2012, questions the influence of sex-specific criteria on this evolution, without neglecting to evaluate the expected influence of the arts practices concerned on the evolution of our societies with a view towards 2030.
In Genre2030, the idea is to ask how the affirmation of autonomy, the role of the artist and his or her sexuality and social identity, and the relationship to the space of the painting and the exhibition space all fit into the constellation of codes of painting, figuration or abstraction, within a broad context. Genre2030 shifts the questions and notions of genre towards those of contemporary pictorial and curatorial practices. Open to all kinds of approaches, this research project is fuelled by the interests and practices of participants, students, artists and theorists.
guest professors since 2012 (selection)
- Kerstin Drechsel, artist, professor at the Kunsthochschule Kassel from 2008 to 2013;
- Henry Kleine, artist;
- Joan Ayrton, artist, professor at the École Européenne Supérieur de l’Image, Angoulême-Poitiers.
- Workshop with Jagna Chiuchta from 2nd to 6th may 2016 and restitution at the Adresse du Printemps de septembre from 6th to 17th may 2016.
- Situations Post : Happy Sit-Crisis (1) from 22nd to 26th feb. 2016, workshops at the Centre d’art of the Villa Arson, Nice.
- Je et Nous, from 24 to 29 November 2014 at the Kunsthochschule Weißensee (Berlin): this workshop gave rise to an “in progress” installation within the Brücke im Dschungel exhibition at the Kunsthalle am Hamburger Platz (Berlin) with the students and graduates of the isdaT and the fine art schools of Hamburg, Weimar, Frankfurt, Saarbrücken, Dresden, Linz and Berlin (UDK & Weißensee).
- The Politics of Mounting Exhibitions with Kerstin Drechsel at the Kunsthochschule in Kassel in February 2014
- Genre2030 at VISION, Palais de Tokyo from 13th to 18th apr. 2016 (project of the ANdÉA).
- Mur#20, exhibition at the fine arts department of the isdaT from dec. 3rd, 2015 to jan. 12th, 2016.
- An exhibition, Trouble in painting and (workshop) co-produced by the isdaT and the BBB art centre took place in March 2015 and was part of the programme of this research conducted with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Communication and in association with the Delapeinture network.